'http-equiv="refresh"content="5;URL='https://www.jackiesinklings.blogspot.com'"" ? "width=device-width,initial-scale=1.0,minimum-scale=1.0,maximum-scale=1.0" : "width=1100"' name='viewport'/> Home: Daisies - Thank You

Saturday, March 15, 2014

Daisies - Thank You

I was super excited to be asked to join the first ever Elizabeth Craft Designs Design Team! Today is my first post and I'm going to show you how to use Karen Burniston's Newest Pop It Ups Collection dies called 'Accordion Oval'  to make a real simple card. In this die package comes an oval frame along with 4 nesting ovals plus a heart. I started off using Pool Party paper as my base and cut out 2 frames using the Oval frame die. I then used various papers by Kaisercraft collection called 'Enchanted Garden' for the rest. So after cutting out the frames, I wanted to add a layer to both frames which is really easy to do. Using the butterfly paper, I cut it out twice using the same oval frame die. All I did was cut out the oval out and cut the frame down 1/8th along the short and long sides. I did this to all 4 sides of the 2 frames. You can see Karen demoing about this die here
I cut out 2 more ovals using the dies that come with this oval set and stamped the sentiment by Stampendous using Archival ink by Wendy Vecchi. I added a black butterfly peel-off by ECD called 'Daisies in Oval' and coloured it using Copic Markers on Warm Diamond Glitter.  You can see Els demoing it  here on YouTube video.
For the inside of both frames, I cut out the polka Dot border using ECD die called 'Oval Dot Frame Edges using double side adhesive that was placed onto decorative paper. I then applied Fuchsia (619) Silk Microfine Glitter to the left side of the frame and Leaf Green (619) to the right. For the left side I used the black peel-off Daisies in Oval ECD 2558 and coloured them using Warm Diamond Glitter using the following Copic Markers seen here 
 
For the right side I cut out the daisy silhouette using a ECD die called 'Daisy' (901) and used the pink shimmer sheetz and then cut the overlay using black velvet sheet by ECD. I then used a Quick Glue pen to the centre of the flower and added some Fuchsia glitter.  I then cut the leaves using the leaf die from the same die set using Peridot Gemstone shimmer sheetz. I cut out the 'Thank You" using the ECD die called 'Thank You' (723) using Pink and Black Velvet paper. I laid the black 'Thank You' and then offset the pink 'Thank You' on top.
Supplies Used:
Paper: White Shimmery paper, Pool Party - Stampin' Up, Enchanted Garden Collection - Kaisercraft, Pink, Black Velvet Paper -Elizabeth Craft Designs (ECD)
Dies- Daisy (901), Thank You (723), Accordion Oval (772), Oval Frame Edges (776)
Peel- Offs - 2558 Black Daisies in Oval - ECD
Glitter: Warm Diamond Silk Microfine Glitter (640), Leaf Green (634) Fuchsia (619) - ECD
Stamp: H194 Footprint Friends- Stampendous
Shimmer Sheetz - Peridot Gemstone, Pink -ECD
Copic Markers: G29, YG05,YG93, YG95, RV04, RV19, V06, BV08, 100. C2, Colorless Blender pen
Ink: Watering Can Archival ink- Wendy Vecchi
Other: Quickie Glue Pen- Sakura








No comments:

Post a Comment

I love that you take the time to leave a comments, it's very much appreciated!!