'http-equiv="refresh"content="5;URL='https://www.jackiesinklings.blogspot.com'"" ? "width=device-width,initial-scale=1.0,minimum-scale=1.0,maximum-scale=1.0" : "width=1100"' name='viewport'/> Home: Loves Rubberstamps Design Team Day

Saturday, June 9, 2012

Loves Rubberstamps Design Team Day


Welcome to my Design Team Day! I love my Saturdays especially in the morning when my son isn't up yet and I can play in my craft room! So here is my card, it's called a torned window frame and I found the idea on someones blog but I can't remember who it was. Basically you need a square card any size will do. The smaller the square the smaller the window. I started off with a 6"x 6" square card using bronze metallic paper as my base. Then I used the SEI collection called 'Moravia' for the rest of my papers. The first layer I used the paper called 'Destina' (5 3/4" square) and the second layer
I used 'Lisen' (5 1/2"square). To make the frame I used the following papers 'Bavory' (5 1/4" square) and
'Tisnov' (5" square). I took an exacto knife and made a diagonal slit,then gently pulling the paper towards you leaving a 3/4" space between the 2 diagonal corners. You DO NOT want to go all the way to the corners. Then do exactly same with the other diagonal corner by starting in the middle going to one corner then the other. You will end up 4 torn triangles. Place the smaller paper Tisnov on top of the Bavory and depending on which paper I wanted to show thru, I put the good side down. Here I put the fuzzy side down and adhered the blue flower side down on top. I gently curled the edges of both paper using a pencil and then adhered the paper with a brad this will go thru all the layers of paper. Place picture / sentiment before attaching the brads. I cut a small piece of blue paper to fit inside of the frame so my picture would stand out. I stamped the Gerber daisies and Butterflies from the set called 'Gerber Daisies' by Flourishes using Black Tuxedo Memento ink and the color the daisy by using Dewalt Intense Watercolor pencil crayons.I cut them out leaving a little halo and place them inside the frame using pop up dots. I cut out 2 small flourishes and 2 large flourishes using Spellbinder dies called 'Parisian Motifs & Accents' and 'Posy Petal' by Heartfelt Creations a die made exclusively for them using copper & blue metallic paper. I added some blue velvet ribbon by Michael's and some blue/copper iridescent ribbon by May Arts. I stamped the sentiment from the set called "Orchids" by Flourishes using black crafters ink and embossed with clear embossing powder.I used some I am Roses and sprayed them with Lindy's Stamp Gang Moon Shadow spray called Incandescent Copper and Starburst stain called Afternoon Delight Denim. I added orange flowers by Prima Marketing.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, what a detailed project. The result is stunning!

    ReplyDelete

I love that you take the time to leave a comments, it's very much appreciated!!